PROPHETIC SIGNS WHICH TESTIFY OF CHRIST'S SECOND ADVENT
1. The preaching of the gospel and its related mission work shall expand throughout the entire world
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world
for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
2. Man's knowledge, travel, and technology shall increase
But thou, 0 Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
3. A falling away from the truth (the Great Apostasy) shall be evident
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come,
except there come a falling away first.
-II Thessalonians 2:3a
4. The sins of materialism, sensuality, and false security shall publicly abound
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so
shall also the coming of the Son of man be
5. Love and concern for others will generally grow cold
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax
6. Dangers, wars, famines, and earthquakes shall multiply
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
-II Timothy 3:1
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
7. Severe persecution of God's church (the Great Tribulation) shall take place
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you:
and ye shall be hated of all nations for My Name's sake.
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the begin
ning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh
be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
8. Spiritualism and devil worship shall be present
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.
-I Timothy 4:1
9. False "saviors" and "christs" shall arise and these cults shall deceive many
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man
For many shall come in My Name, saying, I am Christ; and shall
10. The ultimate Antichrist shall appear
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.